Tuesday, November 15, 2011

OH happy day!

Hey friends! I know that last week I totally forgot about my first blog promise! {Shame on me} But I didn't forget today. I know that the day isn't over yet but something major happened already.

Clayton, my brother Garrett and I have all been planning since July to drive down to California for Thanksgiving. Leaving Saturday 11/19 resulting in us missing two days of school, no biggie right? Well some professors thought other wise. Turns out the school encouraged professors to have exams, presentations or whatever those two days so students wouldn't skip! 

Well, I haven't been home in almost a year. It's not home that even really matters, it's the people. I haven't seen my older sister, Sarah or my other older brother, Jay since last December. I haven't seen my grandparents since then either and before that occasion I have no idea how long it had been. Haven't seen my aunts, uncles, neighbors, friends and church family...I think y'all get the point, or should I continue the list? I am sooo sorry for wanting to go home and see my family since if I don't now it would probably be an other year until I did.

Last night over dinner Clayton had mentioned that two of his teachers were still debating on when to give tests  {before or after our "break"}. So we were a little worried but not freaking out since nothing was set in stone. This morning when Clayton got home from his first class he dropped the Atomic Bomb. If he doesn't stay until Tuesday 11/22 for a presentation then he would not pass his class.

I was more than devastated, but would not give up. I immediately went online and began to search for flights on Tuesday or Wednesday. To my luck I found one- at a decent price too! 

I am so grateful that we will get to spend Thanksgiving together as a family. A lot of plans have changed/been cancelled now, which makes me sad. But over all the most important thing is that we will all get to be together. 

1 comment:

  1. Speaking of poverty and happy things, I ran across this AWESOMELY beautiful ad campaign that I think you'd appreciate. I totally am envious of the designer's talent! http://howaboutorange.blogspot.com/2011/11/oxfams-cool-ad-campaign.html

    See you soon!

    ReplyDelete